With the New Year only hours away, everyone is reminiscing about 2015 and all they have achieved this year. While you may not have kept every New Year resolution, we’ve decided to compose the top 5 tips on how to get off to the perfect start for 2016!
- Invest in a planner. Get on top of your organization and use your planner to schedule tasks, outings, to-do lists, errands and upcoming occasions.
- Spring clean your home. Go through your drawers and throw out all your rubbish, things you no longer need or use and those hoarded nick-knacks. Clean out your wardrobe and donate your unneeded clothes to charity. Give the inside of those kitchen cabinets a good spray and wipe and make sure every item has an allocated space to call home.
- Contact your friends and family. When was the last time you actually gave them a phone call or text message rather than viewing their activities on Facebook’s newsfeed? Even better is catching up in person! Get in touch and reach out to people you haven’t spoken to in a while and who knows, maybe it will open a new door or a few new opportunities will arise.
- Do a random act of kindness. What goes around comes around- and karma comes to those who deserve it. Not only will you feel good about yourself but you will also show the festive spirit. Pick up that fallen box of cereal in the supermarket aisle, let that person in front of you when you’re driving or why not spend a day doing volunteer work.
- Reward yourself. Enjoy the little things, so take time to stop and smell the roses. Take a minute or two away from the hustle and bustle of life and simply breathe. Do something you enjoy and make time for you to revitalize, even if it’s just completing a crossword over a nice cup of tea or upgrading your body soap in the shower.