Here’s our list of the Top Things To Do on the Gold Coast for Christmas:
- White Christmas at Movie World runs on selected nights in on the Gold Coast. Bring the whole family and join a wondrous Christmas celebration like none other. Be captivated by a dazzling display of lights, enchanting street parade and magical live performances. Experience thrill rides at night along with family favourites, and experience Movie World transformed into a glistening winter wonderland as you create everlasting memories that you and your family will treasure forever. Prices start at $10* for children and $30* for adults. Tickets and information available at https://whitechristmas.com.au
- Christmas in Surfers Paradise! There are usually events and attractions centered around Cavill Avenue Mall, including a variety of entertainment for all the family. See Santa’s Surf boat sleigh pulled by six white kangaroos between noon to 3pm & 4pm to 7pm daily until Christmas Eve. Kids can post their letters to Santa in Santa’s Postbox located in the center of the avenue, and there’s plenty of photo opportunities with Santa himself.
- Christmas Carnival at Sanctuary Cove. From December 12 to 20, The Marine Village will be transformed into a festive wonderland of sparkling fairy lights, stunning decorations, roving entertainers and a raft of free entertainment. With activities running daily from 11am to 2pm, children are bound to delight in the free Christmas fun, including “reindeer” (pony) rides, Village train and ferry rides, an animal farm, face painting and jumping castles. Kids will also enjoy daily appearances from the big man himself, with parents and loved ones welcome to take photos of their visit with Santa. As the countdown until Christmas continues, visitors are invited to pack a picnic blanket and come along on Saturday, December 19 to enjoy a special open-air Christmas movie screening at Sanctuary Cove’s cinema under the stars, from 6.30pm – 8.30pm. The Marine Village is also a one-stop-shop for unique Christmas gift ideas and décor, with a host of retailers offering special gifts for all ages. From fashion and art to homewares, gifts and antiques, visitors are sure to find the perfect gifts for their loved ones. For more information see http://www.sanctuarycove.com/christmas-carnival
- Carols on the Beach. Bring a picnic blanket and enjoy an evening of song with the whole family at the 2015 Surfers Paradise Carols on the Beach. It’s the Gold Coast’s biggest Christmas Carols event, held under the stars on the beautiful Surfers Paradise Beach. Get set for a night of fantastic family entertainment, with host Charli Robinson from Sea FM and an all Aussie lineup of carols talent, then join us for a magical end to the night as Surfers Paradise lights up with fireworks, spreading the Christmas cheer to all.
Date: Sunday 20 December
Time: 6.30pm to 8.00pm
Address: Surfers Paradise Beach (parallel with the Esplanade and at the end of Cavill Avenue)Download the Christmas Carol songbook here: http://www.surfersparadise.com
- Christmas Lights presented by the City of Gold Coast. In the weeks leading up to Christmas our city comes alive with the dazzling array of Christmas lights. City of Gold Coast provides bus tours through Murray’s Coaches, departing from the Arts Centre Gold Coast each night (between 6 – 24 December) at 7pm. Prices start from $10* for children, $12* for pensioners and $15* for adults. Bookings are essential: http://www.murrays.com.au/GoldcoastChristmasLightsTour.aspx
Note: Since most venues are closed during Christmas Day itself, the best way to spend December 25th is enjoying the sunshine on any of Gold Coast’s iconic beaches with family and friends. Happy Holidays!